Table of contents:
- Photo of the finished dish
- Recipe video: Iwashi canned fish soup
- Step by step recipe with photos and videos
- Important additions to the recipe
Video: Canned Fish Soup Iwashi - Recipe With Photos Step By Step
2023 Author: Catherine Crossman | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-24 11:19
Hiking soup made from canned fish on the stove. Elementary and less than an hour. Can be cooked with millet, rice, barley, and served with sour cream.
Canned food "Iwasi" - 245 g (1 can)
Potatoes - 2-3 pcs.
Carrots - 1 pc.
Onions - 1 pc.
Millet - 1 tbsp.
Pepper mixture - 0.5 tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh greens to taste
Water - 1.75 L
Casserole with a volume of 2 liters
- 25 kcal
- 45 minutes
- 45 minutes
Photo of the finished dish
Recipe video: Iwashi canned fish soup
Step by step recipe with photos and videos
To make canned Iwashi fish soup, we need the following simple ingredients.
Wash and clean the vegetables in advance. Cut the potatoes into medium cubes.
Chop the onion with a knife.
We also cut the carrots finely enough.
We put vegetables in a pot of boiling water, which I advise you to put on the fire in advance, even before preparing the ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
In the meantime, thoroughly rinse the millet and send it to the vegetables. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Open the jar of canned food, and knead the contents a little with a spoon or fork right in the jar. You can mash until mashed, or you can leave the pieces whole and leave them whole - they will fall apart a little in the soup.
Put the fish in the soup along with all the liquid.
Immediately send a mixture of peppers and salt to taste, if necessary. We cook literally 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave the soup covered for another 10 minutes.
Before serving, put a lot of chopped fresh herbs in a saucepan: parsley, dill, green onions - any.
Stir and pour into plates.
Iwashi fish soup is ready! Enjoy your meal!
Important additions to the recipe
From the specified ingredients for 1.75 liters of water you get a soup of medium thickness. Accordingly, one and a half liters will be enough for a thick soup, two for a thin one.
- How to cut vegetables is up to you. It doesn't really matter. I usually cut everything big. But some people don't like large pieces of carrots. Therefore, be guided by your preferences.
- In addition to fish, my canned food contained salt, of course, and bay leaves and pepper - in fact, everything that is needed for the soup. Therefore, I added only additional peppercorn, and salted it on the plate to taste.
- Serve the finished soup with bread, fresh herbs, sour cream.
- Soup can be prepared with millet - like mine, or with rice, which goes well with fish in any form, or with pearl barley - but it must be soaked first. Without cereal, the soup will turn out to be empty.